Holi Special!!A Festival without sweets is impossible in INDIA.
Gujiyas is very compulsory sweet at my place for Holi celebration.
This Gujiya will definitely increase the joy& happiness of this colorful fest.
There is no Khoya or Mawa used in these Gujiyas .
Ingredients for Gujiya Cover :-
2 cups Plain Flour ( Maida)
1/2 cup melted ghee
Luke warm water as required for kneading semi soft dough
Oil for frying
Ingredients for filling :-
Cashew nuts – fistful
Almonds – fistful
Pistachios- 3 tbsp
Grated coconut- 4 tbsp or to taste
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup or as per taste
Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
Melted ghee -4tbsp
Firstly we will make dough .
- In a big bowl add plain flour , melted ghee & Rub with your palm & fingers.
- Add enough Luke warm water to make pliable yet semi soft dough.
- Continuous rub this dough for 4-5 min.
- Now ,Divide the dough & make small balls . Keep aside for 1 hour & it should be fully covered with damp cloth.
- Stuffing is very easy to make ..just coarsely grinned dry fruits like Almonds, cashews , pistachio after grinding Add powdered sugar & cardamom powder.
- At last add little melted Ghee. It’s optional.That’s it…filling is ready.
- Now, roll each ball with the rolling pin into a thin puri.
- Spread a tbsp of the filling which we have already prepared on one half of rolled out puri.
- Now, wet your finger and run it on the edges & fold over to the opposite end.
- Enclose the stuffing to form a semi circle shaped Gujiya.
- Press the ends very firmly so that the filling doesn’t come out while deep frying & use a fork to seal the edges or you can twist the edges around the Gujiya like patterned shaped.
Make All Gujiyas & it should be fully covered with dry cloth ( little thick )until frying.
- Now heat Sufficient amount of oil in wide vessel or kadai over medium heat.
- Now , slowly drop 2-3 Gujiyas into the oil & deep fry them over medium heat till golden brown from both the sides &remove Gujiyas to a plate.
- Let them Cool completely.
Gujiyas can be stored for 2-3 weeks in air tight containers.
For daily updates !!
You can like my FB Page