Sooji Halwa is very common & yummy sweet dish in India … Specially in North India.
The Same Dish is known as Rawa Sheera in Western India & Rawa Kesari in South India .
The method of making is almost similar, with the other ingredients being changed here and there.
Though Sooji( rava )or semolina,ghee & sugar are key ingredients.
There are some variations like milk is added instead of water & for flavoring cardamom powder is used & saffron threads or kesar can also be used.
In South India , where Rawa Kesari is quite popular, usually has orange synthetic Color.
But you can make the same,with natural coloring agents like saffron.
It’s very quick & easy to make yet Delectable sweet dish.
Everyone has its own way of making Sooji Halwa … This is the way my Mumma used to make Sooji Halwa.
My Mom doesn’t make any sugar syrup , it’s one pot Sooji halwa 😉
It’s hassle free !!
It’s always super yummy & everyone’s favorite in my Family.
It’s often made in my family for puja or auspicious occasion.
This super yummy recipe is perfect for this festive season.
It’s a No Fail recipe because it’s my Mumma’s recipe.
Very quick to make
Sooji Halwa or Semolina Pudding Recipe:-
1Cup Sooji or Rawa or Semolina
1Cup Sugar or as per taste
1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter )or you can add little more😉
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tsp Chironji ( it’s optional )
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1 tbsp chopped cashews
2 & 1/2 cup water
- Heat ghee in heavy bottomed pan.
- As its little heated add semolina or Sooji & stir constantly for some time until it start to look golden brown on a low to medium flame.
- When you get golden brown color ,& light sweet aroma ,immediately add water & sugar !!Cook this mixture for some time over medium heat . ( yes sometimes my Mumma doesn’t make sugar syrup for halwa .. She directly add water & sugar … It’s one pot Sooji halwa😉So it’s hassle free)
- Add water slowly into the pan ,as you add water to Soiji … Water will splatter.
- Cook over medium heat carefully , otherwise you may burn because of splattering.
- Now after 2-3 minutes add dry fruits & save some for garnishing .
- Now after 7-8 minutes it will became thick , turn off heat .
- Add all the dry fruits for garnishing.
- Serve hot for the best taste .
1⃣ Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools, so keep Halwa a little more thinner then you want.
2⃣ instead of water , you can also add milk.
You can add 1 cup milk & 1 cup water .
You can also add few saffron strands.
For daily updates !!
You can like my FB Page